Monday 22 January 2018

Remembered through our habits.

 

Monday night is reading night with our youngest granddaughter, this is an excellent habit and how we want to be remembered.

Take some time to remember back to your own Grandparents and aside from single events that would be charged with emotional content, it will be the habits you recall.

A Tupperware cookie container always in the same place, always full with Aunt Marjorie’s homemade chocolate chip cookies when we arrived, or playing the button game with my Grandmother at the dinning room table, these are habits I remember and how I remember them.  I always felt special as I reached into the cookie jar and grown up as I played button with Grandma.

Be mindful of your habits and how the children around you will remember you.  Most importantly how your habits make those same children feel.

Grandma Snyder

©2013-2018 twosnydergirls

January 22, 2018

No comments: