Sunday 26 June 2016

Who is my neighbour?


How often have we called out to Lord:
  • Save me
  • Help me
  • Rescue me
  • Take this from me
  • Keep me safe
  • Not me Lord please!


These are cries of selfishness of human free and helplessness.  Where the scriptures today challenge Christian's to call out to the Lord in faith and service:
  • Open me to see where I must risk in saving someone else
  • Show me where my help is needed
  • Give me courage where I may rescue others
  • Give me the other’s pain so they do not have to suffer
  • Put me in harms way so I can keep another safe
  • Me Lord use me!


We do not live isolated, safe, protected, lives.  We live connected to each other where all human destiny is interwoven, we are all neighbours when we show mercy and kindness – when we live our lives through our Lord’s love and kindness.

Grandma Snyder
© 2013-2016 twosnydergirls


Lectionary Readings: 1 Kings 19:15-16, 19-21; Psalm 16; Galatians 5:1, 13-25; Luke 9: 51-62.

No comments: