Sunday 31 January 2016

Love Is The Test Of Our Faith


Jeremiah knew himself unworthy of God's call "Then said I, Ah, Lord Jehovah! behold, I know not how to speak; for I am a child." 

And in response God named Jeremiah his prophet, "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee, and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee; I have appointed thee a prophet unto the nations."

God knew us before we knew ourselves!  Each of us has been sent to travel through a human life time, to live our lives through love and in doing so spread peace throughout the world.

God's peace, a peace that goes far beyond the absence of war.  Peace that turns the world’s order upside down, where weakness is strength and the value of a human being is not defined by status or bank balance rather it is in what we are prepared to sacrifice out of love - love of God, love of family, love of others, love of creation and last love of self

We are no more unworthy of God's call to service than Jeremiah of the old testament and like Jeremiah God will place upon our hearts and lips all that is required of us to live through love, as we travel through our human lives.

Know this that Love is test of our faith in God's call to service.

Grandma Snyder


©2013-2016 twosnydergirls


Lectionary Readings: Jeremiah 1:4-10, Psalm 71:1-6, 1 Corinthians 13:1-13, Luke 4:21-30

No comments: