When Thanksgiving is over and using up the leftovers becomes the supper time problem try this Snyder family favourite Creamed Chicken or Turkey on baked potatoes. It is great way to make just a few leftovers stretch to feed a family of four. This recipe is dairy free and gluten free.
- 1 baked potato per person
- 2 Tablespoons of oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 2/3 cup Almond milk
- 1 can condensed mushroom soup (dairy and gluten free)
- 1 cup of cooked chicken or turkey diced
- 2 cups peas
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- gluten free corn starch as required
- Bake the potatoes in the microwave or use leftover potatoes
- While potatoes are cooking saute the onions and celery in the oil until the onions are translucent
- In a soup pot add the Almond milk, condensed mushroom soup, chicken, peas, onions celery, pepper and thyme.
- Stirring often heat the mix to the boiling point. If your prefer a a thicker sauce add corn starch or a thickening agent of your choice.
From Our Table To Yours