Sunday 2 August 2015

Building Up The Body of Christ


“Christ has no body now but yours. No hands, no feet on earth but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses all the world. Yours are the hands, yours are the feet, yours are the eyes, you are his body. Christ has no body now on earth but yours.” ~ Teresa of Avila

I was reminded of this quote by Teresa of Avila as I prepared for today’s Spiritual Sunday post and a morning pray that I used that is taken from this quote:

I give you my hands to do Your work;
I give You my feet to go Your way;
I give You my eyes to see as You see;
I give You my tongue to speak Your words;
I give You my mind that You may think in me;
I give You my spirit that You may pray in me.
I give You my heart that Your love can flow through me
I give You my whole self, in the service of the Body of Christ.
Amen.

I am, you are, our children, grandchildren and the homeless woman downtown are the body of Christ alive today in the world. 
The determining factors in being active in the body of Christ is do we choose to follow and as importantly do we see Christ in others caring for us. 

It is a two way street!


Know that we are offering ourselves to a servant King and like the Israelite's of old Christ “… will rain down bread from heaven for you. [We] are to go out each day and gather enough for that day. In this way [Christ] will test [us] and see whether [we] will follow [his] instructions. adapted from Exodus 16:4

Each day we will be equipped to be that part of the body of Christ that the world around us needs that day. 

This means that the Chief of police may need to clean toilets and the homeless woman may be your teacher.

I experience God’s unconditional love for me in my grandchildren who offer me forgiveness without a second thought and Christ as a friend in the stranger sitting beside me at a wedding.

Grandma Snyder

©2013-2015 twosnydergirls 

No comments: