Cleaning out the freezer sometimes results in a new family favourite like GF Pork & Sauerkraut Casserole.
Growing up Friday night was leftover casserole which always included noodles and cream of mushroom soup. Leftover meats and vegetables from the previous week were added creating the dreaded Friday Night Surprise.
We went through a similar process when we decided that our small below the fridge freezer just had to be cleaned out. I was not very hopeful when the ingredients we had to work with were, frozen homemade uncooked sauerkraut, two pork chops, and leftover sliced ham.
The result, well we are now planning to make more sauerkraut this fall and GF Pork and sauerkraut casserole is now a family favourite.
- 2 cups cooked GF noodles, we used spiral noodles
- 2 cups sauerkraut
- 2 cups cooked pork
- 1 ½ cups GF condensed cream of mushroom soup I recommend the recipe from Salad in a Jar
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the pork into bite size pieces and brown in a large frying pan
- Once meat is browned add the sauerkraut and cook for another 10 minutes
- Cook your noodles as per package
- Prepare your condensed cream of mushroom soup and add milk
- Mix all of the ingredients together and place in a casserole dish
- Preheat the oven to 350° cook covered for 45 minutes.
Enjoy this delightfully moist and tasteful casserole