Sunday 11 May 2014

A Mother's Day Reflection

On this Mother's Day 2014 I want to thank my children for all the joy that they have brought into my life.

As a young woman I  had no intention on becoming a parent.  The idea of having children being dependent on me for 18 plus years was claustrophobic at best and I fell in love with a man who came from a large family he wanted to be a father.

A child's Mother's Day Note to his Mother


 To spend our lives together meant that we both had to compromise I would become a mother and he would be the father of a small family.

I grew up with my children.  

They taught me to be a Mother!

A child's Mother's Day Note to his Mother
On this Mother's Day I want to recognize my children.
Thank you for loving me for who I am and as your Mother.
Thank you for being individuals unique in every way.
Thank you for forgiving me
Thank you for being my friend 
And
Thank you for being present in my life today when the choice to do so is now yours.
Thank you for teaching me to be a Mother!


Your Mother
©2013-2014 twosnydergirls

No comments: