Wednesday 13 November 2013

Teaching The Joy of Receiving & Writing Letters Believe


Teaching the Joy of Receiving Letters & Writing ‘Believe’

Hebrew 11:1 “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see”
Who doesn't enjoy receiving words of encouragement, of confidence in their abilities to succeed in life.

This is the fourth blog post on “Teaching the Joy of Receiving Letters & Writing”:
  • October 18th, 2013 we explored guidelines in writing letters to children
  • October 23, 2013 to write to children things that we have Notice about them
  • November 4th, 2013 we explored letters that convey Gratitude and 
  • today the importance of letting our children and grandchildren know that you believe have faith in them.

Hebrews chapter 11 chronicles what Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Sarah, Moses were able to achieve.  They had faith in their abilities because they had faith in their God.

As parents and grandparents we have hopes and dreams for our children, we have faith in their futures because we also have faith in God.

How often have we communicated this to them? 
 
My grandparents and parents  will have told me that they believed in me only I do not have any memory of these conversations.  As is human nature I remember when they communicated my failure to live up to expectations or disparaging remarks about my ability. 
 

I know that Aunt Marjorie believed in me because she wrote it in a letter.  While words heard diminish over time, written words retain all their strength.
  
“Marjorie you are a gift from God and I believe that you will grow to be a very special woman”.   

I did not understand these words then but I have reread the letter often since. 


Send a note or letter to your children and/or grandchildren describing to them your faith in their abilities and future.  If you struggle to find the words, send the message through a favourite piece of scripture, saying, or use the words from a child's story that conveys this message.


Grandma Snyder

No comments: